The Life and Thoughts of Robyn

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Top 10 Desserts

After years of exhaustive research (I often skip the entree in a restaurant to get right to the good stuff), I'm choosing some of my favorite desserts. Although I have eaten in some super fancy restaurants in Monaco and France (gourmet three-hour dinners which cost the equivalent of a mortgage payment), those desserts don't stand out in my mind like their much-larger, much-more fattening, good old American counterparts. . . .
1. Chilis Molten Chocolate Cake with Vanilla Ice Cream
2. Winger's Asphalt Pie
3. Hot chocolate chip cookie sundaes
4. Iceberg's "Mini" Shakes (nothing mini about them), especially Oreo
5. Chocolate croissants from Grandma Tobler's (a local) Bakery (hands-down winners over Parisian ones with only a miniscule piping of chocolate inside)
6. Chocolate mousse pie
7. Baked Alaska
8. Italian gelato (yes, it's European, and yes, it's wonderful)
9. Christmastime sugar cookies, and, most memorable,
10. Cookies from my own grandma, homemade and handmade every Wednesday, especially snickerdoodles and and soft chocolate chip :)

1 comment:

  1. Loving the top ten lists, keep them coming. Gotta try a choc croissant next time I'm there....

    ReplyDelete