The Life and Thoughts of Robyn

Monday, November 12, 2012

Top 10s of My Mom

In honor of my mom's birthday, I decided to list some of her bests:
1. She is always the fun mom (now fun grandma).  I actually came home sometimes and my high school friends would be visiting my mom (treats, ping pong, singing and dancing late at night . . .)
2. She is the best supporter of all our activities. She has sat through countless gymnastic meets, hiked up snowy mountains to watch ten seconds of ski races, and cheered on our kids in rainy/windy/snowy/110 degree sunny football, rugby, baseball, soccer, and softball games. And she's still going strong!
3. She finds good in people right when it would be easy to say something critical about them.
4. She took care of us kids while my dad served in Vietnam and through his long medical training (including TWO residency programs).
5. She took us on great trips: Lake Powell, Laguna Beach, DisneyWorld, and Hawaii to name a few. I'm not including pine nut hunting and geode hunting though (trips when I was banned from reading in the camper to "go out and have fun!")
6. She and my dad drove across the country quite a few times helping us move, helping us with new babies, even helping potty train :)
7. She shares her Utah Jazz season tickets!!! (But we don't want her U of U football tickets. Go BYU!)
8. She organized awesome birthday parties, Christmas Eve neighborhood caroling parties, New Years Eve parties, wedding showers, and Halloween haunted houses, to  name a few. She did make me wear a parka underneath an ant costume once though, and to be an "authentic" scarecrow I had a yardstick through my arms and itchy straw everywhere . . .
9. She and my grandma hiked up a ski hill and prepared Thanksgiving Dinner at the Brighton Cabin every year while the rest of us just skied and then ate, and
10. She lives the two great commandments. Just ask her neighbors.

No comments:

Post a Comment