The Life and Thoughts of Robyn

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Top 10 Sports Movies

Ok, most sports movies are cheesy, but they are still motivating and fun to watch. I biked through Remember the Titans in the cardio cinema at Gold's Gym today, so I got to thinking. Note that I include NONE with animals playing human sports like Air Bud and its countless sequels (which my animal-obsessed children insisted on watching hundreds of times):
1. Chariots of Fire
2. Run, Fatboy, Run (ah, the British humor)
3. Field of Dreams (nods also to Bull Durham, Fever Pitch, and A League of Their Own)
4. Miracle (the outfits, the haircuts, the accents, the gold medals!)
5. The Blind Side
6. Secretariat (I like Seabiscuit too)
7. The Sandlot
8. Rocky
9. (tie) Invincible, Remember the Titans
10. Stick It (super cheesy, but the gymnastic workout scenes rock).

1 comment:

  1. Come on Airbud is a classic!! Yes, I'm admitting to being the animal-obsessed child! But these are all great movies!! :) Awesome list!!

    ReplyDelete