The Life and Thoughts of Robyn

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Top 10--Thanksgiving in Kauai

It's a hard job to narrow down the best things about Thanksgiving in Hawaii, but I'll do my best . . .
1. Unrestricted fun time with an awesome family. Big waves! Few fights! (though I missed missionary Cody)
2. The pool area at the Grand Hyatt. Heaven = palm trees, gorgeous flowers, waterfalls, a lagoon pool and a regular pool, a book, a hammock, and a smoothie :)
3. Yummy Thanksgiving dinner without three days of cooking (not that I would anyway, but still)
4. Hula pie at Keoki's or ice cream at Merriman's. Ok, both.
5. The start of winter season with 80 degree temperatures and light trade winds
6. The first hour of paddle boarding (until we went against the seemingly light trade winds)
7. Watching my kids and nieces on the water slides
8. Schooling everyone at pool volleyball (all 4'11" of me; luckily I played by my 6'5" son-in-law)
9. Sunsets a la hot tubs and soft sand beaches
10. This one is definitely behind the other activities: The "Get Dirty on Kauai" ATV Tour. Do people actually like mud spraying all over them? Do most drivers see over the steering wheel? Does it help to brake with both feet? (Don't worry; there is an unattached emergency brake.) Is this inland spot good for whale watching? Did a frog just jump on Ashley's leg?
Hope everyone had such a memorable Thanksgiving 2012 as we enjoyed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment